District officials have been continuously working on requirements and a plan to keep us all as safe as possible for summer conditioning and indoor activities beginning next week. They have released the attached guidelines and practices for us to follow in the upcoming weeks.
We will also be implementing the following practices:
- Each day students will be asked a series of health-related questions before entering the building. Students will be sent home if displaying positive symptoms.
- The service center is delivering hand sanitizer to each MS and HS to place bottles in the areas we are using.
- Non-participants cannot enter the building (i.e., parents, siblings, non-MS/HS children).
- Students will be encouraged to bring and wear a mask inside the building.
- We will keep our numbers as low as possible in the weight room per session.
- We will spend a minimal amount of time inside the weight room.
- Only one person at a time will be allowed to use the designated restroom.
- Weight training – when there is a safety need to spot lifters, social distancing of 6’ won’t apply. However, spotters should be at the ends of the bar versus hovering over a teammate.
- We will keep the same lifting group throughout the summer if possible.
- We will wipe down bars and benches between sessions.
- Custodial staff will clean restrooms, empty trash, and wipe down counters at the end of each day. On weekends a deep clean will take place which involves spraying a disinfectant in areas where students have been.
- Each student should bring their own water in a container. Sharing water bottles will not be allowed.
There will not be any punitive measures taken toward students who do not attend summer activities. Camps, conditioning sessions, and weight training are voluntary.
If you have specific questions, reach out to our building administration or supervisor for further guidance.
*This message will also be sent via the Team App. Please let me know if you do not receive it there.
Head Football Coach